Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TuRtLe! TuRtLe!

This is a picture of Kyle doing a weight shift. He is supposed to tilt his chair back every half hour for 5 minutes to take the pressure off of his bum. Last night Kyle was finishing up a shift and when he was ready to come back up, the chair wouldn't let him! He was stuck in this position for over an hour! We had to call a service technician to come fix it. Feeling a little panicked that he wouldn't be there for another hour, Britt decided that we would have to get him out somehow! Kyle's mom and stepdad came to the rescue. We got his sling on and used his electric lift to lift him out. The lift only went so far, so Mark picked Kyle up like a baby and lifted him the rest of the way. We were able to get Kyle into bed safely and wouldn't you know that the chair worked after we got him out! It was a little scary, but now we are able to giggle about how he looked like a turtle on his back! We are happy that Kyle is safe!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Yikes!!! Thank God for help close by!

Anonymous said...

OH MY!! I can't believe this!! I would've been a bit panicked too but look at Kyle's smiling away!! :) hehe

April Lee said...

HOLY _____________________!!!!!!!
that is redick! I can not believe that happened... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I am laughing so hard (with you not at you, of course) OMG OMG OMG OMG! Thank God for Kyle's rents!

Anonymous said...

well, after at least 20min I would have quit laughing. I think, but I'm sure I could have pushed it to 30.

I would have been no help at all.

congrats.

anna

Anonymous said...

You guys have a great sense of humor. Have loved reading your blog and hearing how you and Kyle are doing. Hoping to see you at Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time...but this picture is cacking me up now! Hope you guys are doing great. :)

Amanda said...

What a wonderful new picture for Hoff Stuff!!! Kyle is back in his element!!!! God is good.
Love you guys.
Sis

Amanda said...

What a wonderful new picture for Hoff Stuff!!! Kyle is back in his element!!!! God is good.
Love you guys.
Sis

Amanda said...

What a wonderful new picture for Hoff Stuff!!! Kyle is back in his element!!!! God is good.
Love you guys.
Sis

Amanda said...

I have no idea why my last comment came out 3x!
I guess I'm more excited for Kyle to fish than I knew! :)